If you are a UT player and enjoy custom models, this is a mandatory item for getting the most out of your eye candy in UT.
-- rogue13, Polycount
Advanced Model Support is a free modification for Unreal Tournament enabling the use of new custom models. Modellers who use AMS in their models benefit from easy scripting with full support for custom skins, greater team-colour versatility than Epic's TournamentPlayer and SkeletalPlayer classes, and support for scripted skins allowing experienced skinners to alter the model's display settings. AMS also includes Epic skeletal animations from the Playstation 2 version of UT, both Male and Female versions, meaning AMS models shouldn't need Bonus Pack 4. UT players should download the basic AMS package, and modellers should download the SDK as well.
If you are a modeller and want to link your model to Advanced Model Support, please download the Advanced Models SDK, or read it online - see below. The SDK contains tutorials and template scripts relevant to player model authors and mod teams; some simple demonstration models are also available.
See the full details for help, installation instructions, credits, information for model authors, the FAQ and changes list, and all that sort of stuff.
Version 110 is fully network-compatible with versions 102 and 101, but not with version 100 (which was only available for a few hours, so you probably don't have it).
Advanced Model Support version 110: zipped UMOD, 1.0 MB
- Download AMS from BeyondUnreal: Multiple mirrors currently including WI, US; CA, US; NL
- Download AMS from pseudorandom.co.uk: London, UK
- Preferred filename
- 1,069,775 bytes
- OpenPGP signature
signature for AMS, signed by the 1024-bit DSA key for Simon McVittie, ID
Please inform me if you provide another high-bandwidth download location for AMS, so I can add it to the list.
Advanced Models SDK
The Advanced Models SDK for model authors and mod makers is available to download or read online here: AMSDK Index.
Trademarks, copyright and permissions
You may distribute this mod if and only if said distribution is under the following conditions:
- All distribution must be on a not-for-profit basis (charging for this content is not allowed)
- The entire unmodified ZIP file must be distributed, including the "readme" file and the complete UMOD file. Note that this specifically prevents you from distributing a modified UMOD, a non-UMOD version, or any modified version of the U file. To check whether your copy is unmodified, see the AMS page on www.pseudorandom.co.uk.
- Large-scale distributors (mirror downloads, CDs) must inform the author, including (if applicable) the download location. By mirroring this file you agree that the author may link to your mirror.
Parts of Advanced Model Support may be incorporated into other mods according to the terms indicated in the source code and SDK.
Unreal is a trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other trademarks mentioned are hereby acknowledged to be the property of their respective owners.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE AUTHORS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE, INCONVENIENCE OR OTHER PROBLEMS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CAUSED BY THIS MOD, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH PROBLEMS.